Monday 11 June 2018

Dynamics NAV error "Unknown language was selected 8192"

Hello reader, i came across the error above upon installing Dynamics NAV 2017 and attempting to run the development environment. It's quite frustrating as the online blogs rarely share the error.
After a while looking, i landed on a forum "Dynamics NAV development community" that shared something.

Solution

Make sure your windows regional language settings have the same language as the Dynamics NAV language for the setup you have installed.
I installed Dynamics NAV for United States(English) but my regional language settings in windows was English(Uganda). I simply changed the regional language setting to United states (English) then Reboot my system.
Booooom! The error was no more!
Follow this link for more
Special credit to http://community.dynamics.com/nav


3 comments:

  1. Thank, this came in handy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Got this error on a Windows Dev Kit 2023 (ARM64, Windows 11, interesting times) with NAV2009R2 of all things. It worked :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this exact same error and this trick came in very handy as well. I Guess most Windows server installations are done with Unites States as default Region and English (Unites States) as Regional format. I did not eve have to reboot. :-) Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete